User accounts may be created for anyone (internal or external) who is involved in multiple Reviews on an ongoing basis. Users will have access to a Dashboard of all the Reviews they are involved in and can actively collaborate with rReview tasks and notifications.
Note that individual Reviews can also be shared with non-user "guests" who can provide comments and approval actions (see Review Sharing). For our single user "Pro" plans this is the only option available for sharing Reviews.
To add a new user:
- In the top menu click on Settings and then the Users tab. If you don't see this you don't have permission to create new users.
- Click on "Create User"
- Fill in all the information requested.
- Select the role of the user:
Admin - These users are generally within your organization. These users will have full access to the system including the ability to see all all the Reviews created by all other users and the ability to add or delete users. They can also manage general account settings.
Collaborators - These may include staff within your organization or external consultants you work with. These users have the ability to initiate new Projects and Reviews but they will only be able to see and access the Reviews that they create or that are shared with them by others.
Reviewers - These would include people within or external to your organization such as your clients. They do not have the ability to create new Reviews and will only see the collection of Reviews that are shared with them.
- Enter an initial password for the user and confirm it.
- Check if you want to send the new user a notification of the new account credentials. The will receive a branded message informing them of their new account with instructions for changing their password.
- Click Save to create the account. This will also clear the menu so another user can be created.
To preserve secure authentication only an Admin can change the name and email of any existing user.
To edit existing user information:
- In the top menu click on Settings and then the Users tab. If you don't see this you don't have permission to edit user settings.
- In the user list select Edit from the action menu.
- Update any information desired and click Save. Note that changing a name will update that name on any existing timestamps for that user.
Deleting an existing user will not delete any data or comments that they may have already contributed. Should you recreate the user (with the same email) at a later date, they will be "reactivated" and regain access to any Reviews previously shared with than (that are still active).
To delete a user:
- In the top menu click on Settings and then the Users tab. Again, if you don't see this you don't have permission to edit user settings.
- In the user list select delete from the action menu.
- Click Save and confirm the deletion.